Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Fifth World

...would be her home for a while. As he wound his way along the path in front of him, Jeffery remembered what Sydonie had told him about the woman he was about to meet.

"She was a saint in another world," Sydonie explained. "Her followers were begining to believe she was holy. This troubled the government, so they locked her up. She was supposed to be executed, but we knew if she were enough of her followers would be angry and grieved enough that the religion they'd form would be an angry, violent one too. So we came and took her from her cell before she was executed. Her followers believed it was a miracle from a gracious god, and the religion they founded was peaceful instead."
None of this made much sense to Jeffery, whose own world, as Sydonie had pointed out, had no real religion. But apparently this woman was somewhat lonely in the world they had put her in, and welcomed the chance to raise a baby for a year or two.
"Then she'll be sent back to her own world," said Sydonie. "She has a fate there."

"This ticket entitles the bearer to a one-world shift."

********************************

Saint's hair here at Raonsims.

4 comments:

Mao said...

Ahhh, I love that hair. I can't wait to use it.

Hmm... so she will raise the baby? I wonder how that will go. Now what will happen with Jeffery?

lothere said...

I like that hair too... now if I ever put myself in my own story I have the right hair. :-)

So it seems Jefferey had an easy assignment his first time around. Take a walk in the park, drop off the goods, and get whisked away.

Interesting commentary on the evolution of religions, Sydonie. Heh! I have a question though... when you/Sydonie said that "she will be sent back to her own world", was that referring to the saint or the baby?

And if it was the saint, I wonder whether Jefferey will get stuck with the baby again. :-) He was awfully cute trying to figure out what to do with the thing.

I am happy to finally learn what the coupon says! I tried to hard to read it!

As to what you should update next... well, do what makes you happy, Sydonie. You don't want either story to be a chore.

If you truly can't decide... :-) While I am quite curious to see where Jefferey's world-walking leads him next, you have come to a satisfactory pausing-point, having answered our most pressing questions. Meanwhile you have sorta left the folks in Cennanceaster hanging. It's war! What will become of Sir Frederick? *swoons*

Sydonie said...

Glad you like the hair :) Part of this was to recognize all the custom content, and share it. The site has a lot of other really nice downloads, although some are donation, unfortunately.
Sydonie was refering to the baby, who has a fate in her own world. If the saint was sent back, the reason for removing her form the world would be undone, as no one would believe she was whisked off by a benevolent god anymore. But the next part of worldwalker is in fact about the baby, actually, because in fact her future is a big story.
I think I will do a few more posts of Cennanceaster next, at least the ones I already have planned. Then we may come back here, because I've got the next segment lined up.

Verity said...

It will be cool to find out what happens to the baby. And I too had been squinting to read what it says on the ticket so I am happy to know as well.

I agree with Lothere... definitely update how you want... there is no point in doing something if you aren't having fun... that's the whole point of this exercise isn't it :)


I am going to say I would love to find out what is happening with Frederick but then again I also want to find out what happens with Jeffrey and the baby so either way I will be happy.

Man I really can't get enough of those beautiful autumn pics... *sighs in happiness over seasons*. and that woman really does look saintly.